Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Strip Club Songs II


Ok, I figured I'd do the rest of this list before I forgot. I wanted to definitely make sure to list the best strip club/lap dance songs of all time, to balance out that load of crap I put below. Keep in mind, I certainly do not attend these clubs currently (ahem, happily married), but I have done my fair share of research from my earlier years.


So, without further ado:


Best Strip Club/Lap Dance Songs Ever


1.) "After Dark" - Tito & Tarantula


What, you don't know this song? Break out a copy of From Dusk to Dawn and select the scene with Salma Hayek doing her striptease with a snake around her neck. Now does it sound more familiar? This song might be the greatest strip club anthem ever, purely because of that scene. Fantastic subtle mexican guitars set the mood perfectly.


2.) "Exit Music from a Film" - Radiohead


My guess is you probably don't equate Radiohead to strip clubs or lap dances on a regular basis, but this song really takes you in, makes you its bitch, then spits you out in a very sexual way. Not that I think of Thom Yorke like that. I'm just saying.


Regardless, the fuzz bass alone that kicks in about 2/3's in to the song makes it easy to picture this as the background to a lap dance.


3.) "The Man With Two Brains" - The Rentals


Ok, I'm going to go with less obscure tunes in a second, but I can't leave this one out. It's off the Seven More Minutes album, and it's a classic, all about a man thinking about the responsibilty that comes from sex, and the woman who just wants to get laid. Now.


It's a musical gem, with those deep baselines that rattle your bones. Couple that with highly sexualized lyrics sung by a girl who sounds like she just went to bed after getting a little bit high, and presto! Lap dance country.


4.) "Freebird" - Lynyrd Skynyrd


Ummm. Basically just going with length here. The longer it is, the longer the dance. Pretty simple, right? FREEEBIIIRD!!!!


5.) "Panama" - Van Halen


I'm sure most of you would've put "Hot for Teacher" or "You Really Got Me (Pre-Sanjaya)", but I stand behind this pick. If you're at the strip club (unless you're a bit creepy), you're probably with a bunch of your pals, drinking heavily, and ready to see some boobies. How much more sing-a-long ready can you get than this song? It's perfect for a bunch of drunk ass dudes screaming at the top of their lungs to the chorus and trying to take some of the girls home. It still works for David Lee Roth.


6.) Any Portishead Song Ever Written


If you haven't checked this band out, you may thank me after you get laid about a thousand times. It's the quintessential sex band, that employ heavy bass, turntable scratching, and moaning female lyrics to get their smooth, trip hop sound out to help you score. So, you can imagine, the songs would be a natural fit in the strip club/lap dance environment. Don't say I didn't warn you.


7.) "Superstition" - Stevie Wonder


I try to get this song on every list. It's basically the perfect song for any occasion. Funky, rhythmic, and powerful, it's like wearing a black shirt that fits everything you wear. Plus, we needed a real booty-shaker on this list, so there ya go.


8.) "So Whatcha Want" - Beastie Boys


Another booty-shaker, but with a nice fat groove in it. Lyrics are mostly distorted, so you don't have to worry about them, and the music just pumps constantly. You know, kind of like whatcha want to have happen in a lap dance? Whatcha want, indeed.


9.) "Dirrty" - Christina Aguilera


Back in the days when Xtina was all ho'd out like a spent piece of used jet trash, she put out some crazy-ass songs. This was the naughtiest, with the video featuring our erstwhile American Sweetheart wearing assless chaps and joining in on a very "Dirrty" orgy with sweaty boxers. Ah, they grow up so fast. Anyway, it's got a good beat, and there's a decent chance your stripper will also be wearing assless chaps. Good times all around.


10.) "Cry Me a River" - Justin Timberlake


Just listen to that song and try to argue with me about this pick. Go ahead. I dare you. It's the sleeper strip club anthem that nobody thinks about. Great beat, awesome vocals, involvement from Timbaland, and a big F-U to Brittney Spears. What's not to like?


You might notice the conspicuous lack of significant hip-hop in this list. I'm sure there are quite a few hip-hop songs that would be perfect, but I won't include them. Rappers frequently TRY to create strip club anthems. It's become its own genre at this point. So I'm not including anything that tries that hard to be played in their local Deja Vu. It's not music to me at that point.


Plus I don't want to attract Pacman anywhere close to where I'm partying.


There it was! I had to make one Pacman Jones joke in this post. It was inevitable.


Any other suggestions?

9 Comments:

At 7/01/2007 01:35:00 AM, Blogger Jonathan said...

Enjoyed both posts immensely. I admit I was a little scared when you put "Freebird" on there, but when you mentioned the length I completely understood. I guess "American Pie" or "In a gadda davida" wouldn't work near as well.

 
At 4/10/2008 04:26:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well some interesting choice but song such as The Man With Two Brains, freebird or superstitious are not very much stripper oriented song.
this is not because someone like a song that it is necessarily a great song to dance and strip on it.give a look to my blog for any stripper song
advices :-)
http://www.strippersmusic.com/

 
At 5/29/2008 11:00:00 AM, Blogger Greek CD Reviews said...

Here are my best lap dance joints:

Sexyback - j. Timberlake
Bounce - Timbaland
Truth Or Dare - Nerd
Awww Shit! - Kelis
Para-Noir - Marilyn Manson (my fav.)
Ayo Technology - 50 Cent
Gimme More - Britney Spears

 
At 8/21/2008 11:59:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would agree with jeff, though good songs, they aren't really stripper'isque. Along with his site, check out www.i-babylon.com for more strip club song recommendations.

 
At 8/30/2008 08:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hell yes 2 bounce - timbaland, but the ultimate song 4 lap dancing is poison - alice cooper!!!!

 
At 9/09/2008 09:29:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think, we care a lot - faith no more, is the ultimate strip club song like. its all about the bassline ;)

 
At 10/20/2008 12:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

justify my love - madonna!
you reallie can't go wrong

 
At 8/02/2009 06:57:00 AM, Anonymous Natalie said...

Pour Some Sugar On Me - Def Leppard

Ultimate strip song

 
At 2/01/2012 04:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

joi "lick" very seductive

 

Post a Comment

<< Home