Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ayers

The Wall Street Journal has a good article today on Obama's relationship with Ayers, which I wrote about in my earlier post. Look, I know it was a decade ago, but it's still close ties with a freaking unrepentant terrorist. You'll note that Obama never talks about working with the CAC.

I know McCain's no saint, but he's alright, and Obama... there's enough here to make me want nothing to do with him. Yes, the WSJ tends to lean right, but I think this is still pretty substantial. I hope people begin to read articles like this and take them into consideration come November.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 9/23/2008 10:05:00 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Well done. This has some good research and it certainly shows Obama isn't clean on this matter.

Even if he took the job with the misunderstanding that the CAC was just all about education, he had to have learned the true nature of the organization, especially after so many years on the board, to the point of encouraging their practices.

If I'm part of a business that has shady motives, and I have free will to leave the business and don't, then I am supporting said business. And it's not like he was a kid or anything, so this can't be called a "young man's mistake."

This isn't an end-all factor to my decision in November, but it gives more definition to a candidate and I actively seek that when it comes down to the final decision.

 
At 9/23/2008 10:11:00 AM, Blogger Jonathan said...

Very interesting. I'm sick of both of the candidates. Fuck the speeches of how you have to vote. I could care less about either one of these guys, and it scares me to think that either one will be in the White House.

So what to do?

 
At 9/23/2008 12:59:00 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Well Jonathan, you could vote for Nader! I'm not too thrilled about either of them, as well, but I'll be voing for McCain. But seriously, if it were Hillary and McCain, I wouldn't see too much difference between them.

Chris, I agree, it's not the end all factor, but it's worth considering, no matter who you vote for. Just as you should look into the Keating Five stuff for McCain. The problem is, no one has heard about this Ayers stuff yet. I don't think Obama's fully vetted at all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home