Sunday, December 21, 2008

Beating a Dead Horse

Let it go, already! Bush has been a crappy president. He is on his way out. Still, so many people can't just let him start his fade in expresidentdom. Mostly it's hippies, crunchies, or people that feel personally wronged by Bush. This last group is the one that makes me laugh the hardest. My father-in-law feels that the reason he isn't a millionaire, doesn't drive an expensive car, isn't admired by the world, doesn't have super powers, is all because of George W. Bush. It has nothing to do with his very bad choices in life or his ability to treat everyone as if they are the most stupid person on Earth regardless of how good their life is or how much they help him.

I'm not a Bush fan, but I don't hate the guy. Ooohhhh, he lied to us. Here's a news flash: so has every president and politician in the history of America! So, let me look at this hatred on a personal level. What has President Bush personally done to me to make me want to hate him so much? What effect has his presidency personally had on me?

1. I lost a good friend and fraternity brother in Iraq. I miss him and I cried at the news, but he died doing his job. He enlisted immediately after 9/11 saying he didn't know where his life was going but he wanted to make a difference. As with all the troops. I will donate to the injured soldiers fund whenever asked. It is a tragedy that so many have died and been permanently injured. But, they are doing their job. They knew the risks when they enlisted. Just like cops, athletes, or anyone who gets behind the wheel on a daily basis, there are risks and at any time, because of yourself or others, you may be seriously injured or killed. I have all the respect for these troops who enlisted and carry out their duty with pride and strength. It is a job I can't do. My friend died making a difference and in my heart and mind will always be a hero for his choice.
2. I have many friends who have been shipped overseas. Again, it is their job. I miss them but with Facebook and email, I talk to them very often. Just as if they were home.
3. Taxes. Bush is the first President in history to NOT raise taxes during a time of war. Yes, it has cost millions, but I have not seen my family's paycheck shrink due to increased taxes.
4. Jokes. Yes, there have been some great jokes made at his expense and he has easily given us many unforgettable phrases and actions that will be funny for a long long time.

And, my list ends there. That's it. Give me one good reason to hate him so much. There is a Facebook group to celebrate the individual that threw a shoe at him. While this is a funny event, I don't think anyone with sense can hold this guy as a hero. Really? With all the people doing good in the world, and this is your hero? Get a fuckin' life. There are sooo many more corrupt and sick people in the world that deserve our hate. If anything, Bush got one off the planet for us. Regardless of his deception or motives, he rid the Earth of a nasty man who tortured people and kept others in fear and poverty. What if after Japan bombed Pearl Harbor we only went after Japan? No, we used it as an excuse to go into Germany and help rid the world of a terrible, terrible tyrant named Hitler. Hussein was no Hitler, but still an evil man. So what if we put most of our efforts into one country over the main one that attacked us? A good deed was done and a lot more work faces our heroes as well as us back here that support them.

All I'm saying is to quit beating a dead horse. Bush is considered the worst president by some, a running joke, a liar, and an imbecile. Isn't that enough? If he is such a joke and he makes you laugh, why not leave it at that. Many of these people sound like a lynch mob ready for blood. Maybe they have some deeper mommy or daddy issues projecting towards Bush. All I heard from Obama honks was that it was time to move forward. It was time to change how we act and think. Bush's time is almost done. Don't you think it's time to take your own advice and learn to move on? Your lines of hate and intolerance are running old. You voted for a change towards a positive and rewarding future. If you don't make the commitment to change your mind, your life will continue to seem miserable no matter who is in the White House.

4 Comments:

At 12/22/2008 12:00:00 AM, Blogger Mike said...

Yeah, I pretty much agree with that. I'm surprised the guy who threw a shoe is such a big hero or whatever, but it's almost like a religion to hate Bush now, for any reason at all. You don't have to love the guy, but they take it too far. I seriously think much of it is that they don't like the Texas accent. If Obama ends up keeping a lot of the same policies, they'll still like him because he talks like they want him to talk. I hate politics.

 
At 12/22/2008 02:19:00 AM, Blogger sarinawilson23 said...

I recommend you the website www.saddleonline.com and it has lot of amazing products.

 
At 12/22/2008 05:41:00 PM, Blogger John B said...

Sweet! I got spam.

 
At 12/22/2008 11:36:00 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I was tired of the Bush bashing 5 years ago. It was just piling on. Justifiably true, most of the stuff that was said, but it's human nature just to get tired of the same old commentary over and over again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home