Monday, April 04, 2011

An Apology

I don't know how many people care, but for those that do, I thought I would offer an apology for the ridiculous lateness of my Oscar retrospectives, and for that matter anything for awhile on my 35 Years of Pop Culture thingee. I was able to do the 1975-1979 posting in a matter of two nights; it was only 5 years to cover, and I thought this was going to be a piece of cake. I could do at least one of these a week for three weeks or so and I would be done with that portion of 35YOPC, but like many things in life, it didn't work out as planned. I spent the next three weeks working on the 80's portion. Basically, life happened. Work got busier, and I have a pregnant wife, dogs to take care of, family came into town, etc. And most importantly the Oscar thing just took longer than I thought it would. It basically takes me an hour at the minimum to do one year's worth. So essentially over the next three nights, whenever I had an hour to spare I would try to crank a year out. Another thing I discovered is that Blogger does not like you to keep things saved in drafts for too long. And when I would come back to work on it a few days later, the format would be completely screwed up, and in some cases sections that I had typed were gone. So then it became extremely annoying and more time consuming because I would have to clean a bunch of stuff up and then get to the new sections. So, as of now, 1980-1989 is complete, but blogger is not letting me posting it unless I want it to be one long paragraph and cause everyone to go blind from reading it. I've tried to fix it a few times witn no success, so I don't know what to do. I have other lists of things waiting in the background, but I wanted to get the Oscar thing done first, but now that we are well past the airing of the Academy awards it's becoming kind of moot anyways. So not sure what will happen from here, but I am trying to figure something out. I assure you more lists will be coming (even if they have nothing to do with the Oscars), and hopefully at a more rapid pace. Just wanted to let anyone know following all of this what was going on, and thanks for reading. And as you can see, this is one long paragraph as well, so what's up, Blogger?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home