Tuesday, December 09, 2003

As I thought, the Titans lost this past week, but not in the way I thought they would. Can someone teach these guys how to hold the ball...and with two hands?

Right now, if I had to pick a Super Bowl, it would be the Eagles vs. the Ravens. But a few weeks ago, it was the Rams vs. Colts. Things can change in three weeks!

There's one thing to be said about the Derrek Lee move, Jonathan, and that is that it's one more 1st baseman than the Braves have. Robert Fick? Fick you! Julio Franco? Frankly, too old! Matt Franco? Can I be frank again?

The Braves are going to lose some guys, and I don't know if you'll consider me sane when I say this, but I'm excited about it! It's time for new blood, fresh faces. People who are excited to play baseball, maybe go for a single or a double now and then, and pitchers who don't nip at corners at sub-90 MPH all day.

And guys, guys...the Yankees can have all the free agents in the world. I've been saying it for awhile now, although I thought at the time getting Giambi was going to be something unbeatable--you need guys who are willing to sacrifice their power numbers to simply get on base. Those horribly gifted Yankees teams from 1996-2000 had Paul O'Neill and Chuck Knoblauch and those guys wore pitchers out, in addition to Jeter and Williams and an occasional veteran like Chili Davis or Strawberry. Too much emphasis on the HR has brought them tumbling to mortality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home