Tuesday, July 27, 2004

You know, I was kind of kicking back, enjoying this baseball season where the Braves appeared to have no chance. It was like a break from long, arduous work. Now that they're in first, I'm suddenly tense again. Early in the year, I could accept losses of any magnitude; hell, the Ben Sheets 18-K game and the Randy Johnson perfect game didn't really faze me at all. It sucked, but not even close to when the Braves lost Game 7 of the 1991 World Series or when Jim Leyritz hit the game-tying HR in Game 5 of the 1996 WS. Now, all the games are like that. It's fun, but it's not...do you know what I mean? I think they may very well end up winning this thing by several games, where it's not even close. But there are so many teams that could beat them in a playoff matchup...I'm kind of wishing them to be in third again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home