Friday, August 27, 2004

L.A. Post, #1

Well, here I am, around the Universal Studios area in L.A., the Lakewood Plaza, which houses L.A.'s New York Film Academy and Focus Features (the company behind LOST IN TRANSLATION). So far, I've been getting whisked around all sorts of areas--there's where Janis Joplin died! There's the famous Viper Room where River Phoenix OD'd! Here's Beverly Hills, which isn't kidding about the "hills" part--we drove up a hill to a host of expensive-is-not-the-word-I'm-looking-for houses. There are a thousand films that will never see the light of day in our area playing. Today, the infamous Vincent Gallo flick that Roger Ebert called one of the worst ever, THE BROWN BUNNY opens, and I plan to see it because of that advertisement.

A bunch of film students that my "courier" Zac is colleagues with just read my SCREAM stuff--it once again proves that banality doesn't excite everyone.

I plan to see an Angels game at some point, maybe a couple of movies, and then...who knows what? But I'll try to update when I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home