Thursday, September 09, 2004

Predictions as I watch - NFC EAST

For some reason, I think the Colts are going to win by double digits tonight. Or at least soundly. Manning has a bit of revenge to play for, and it's a game that isn't all-important. And then the Pats will win eight of their next nine.

NFC EAST

1. Philadelphia Eagles
2. Washington Redskins
3. Dallas Cowboys
4. New York Giants

I basically agree with Chris here. The Eagles are my Super Bowl runner-up pick, as I like the addition of TO. I saw them a bit in the pre-season, and I liked it. It's only a matter of time before he blows up on them, but I don't think it will be this year.

The Redskins represent the ultimate battle of good vs. evil, Gibbs vs. Snyder. I think a young Gibbs wins this battle, but he's rusty by now, and he'll hate Snyder by year's end. I think Snyder won't kill the mystique of Gibbs, but he just might get himself killed.

How can you pick the 'boys to do anything? I know Parcells is good, but why in the world do you get Vinnie and Eddie and expect to do anything? Eddie was washed up two+ years ago, and Vinnie was washed up when he threw that interception to the Penn State offensive lineman on the goalline. Only Parcells can save this mess, and because of him I think they're headed to seven wins.

I will enjoy the Giants mess this year. Eli will get what he deserves for being a real bastard before the draft. Warner will get what he deserves for being insane. Five wins? Maybe.

Pats up early, 3-0.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home