Thursday, October 21, 2004

Believe

The Red Sox make history, and against the old nemesis the New York Yankees.

I was watching this Game 7 with fellow blogger KW and I thought the world was going to come to an end when Francona replaced the kicking ass Derek Lowe with Pedro Martinez. I told him, "This is the kind of move that Red Sox managers make, and you just sit there and wonder why the people in the dugout believe that something is a good idea when everyone else doesn't." Luckily, it didn't hurt much. And harking to what Mike was saying here, I was telling KW the difference between this Yankees team and Yankees teams of the past is that when you expect them to overcome, they actually don't. Goodbye, Yanks. Glad I won't be seeing your arrogant overpriced asses in the World Series this year.

Wish I were in Boston right now. Can't wait 'til the Series, no matter who wins...

The classic NLCS! Game 7 offers this stat: All the home teams have won. The storyline, though, is Roger Clemens. It seems like the Houston Astros have a lot of irony on their side playing the Cards tomorrow what with Clemens' possible return to Boston for the World Series. But, as I've found out, baseball doesn't always reward irony. The Cards are going to be tough to beat in St. Louis.

Hey, I'm one step away from having picked the actual World Series in the preseason. That'd be a feat, even though I was down on the Astros before the NLCS because of their pitching setup (believe me, I'd have picked an Astros win if that wasn't the case). I'm going to have to watch tomorrow's game from work. That sucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home