Ricky Freakin' Williams
I first read this story this afternoon, after arriving home from work. I thought, "Oh boy, here we go."
Then I read this story right here a few hours later and now it's an even bigger "Oh boy."
Okay, a few notes about Ricky Williams, who now (for those of you who don't care to follow the links) wants to rejoin the Dolphins. Sure he does.
1. Has paying 8.9 million dollars in penalty for leaving the Dolphins in the lurch led to Ricky searching the couch cushions in whatever foriegn country he's in this week?
2. Was he serious before when he retired, in that he didn't like football, or is he serious now about wanting to play? Can both be true?
3. Was all this really about drugs?
4. Who will be the first guy in fantasy football to pick him up, and how much will we laugh at that guy?
5. Is Ricky Williams' life a little more like an Elmore Leonard novel than we thought? For instance, is there some crazed dealer in the mix here?
6. What's the point in continuing to etch in the labels "On" and "Off" on lightswitches? Can we not agree at this point that we all know which way is which on these things? Do we not have readily available to us even more concrete evidence as to the status of the light, that is, the light or lack of light itself?
7. Who can you name with more nerve than this Ricky Williams guy? The way he quit, the reasons he gave, the way he wants to come back now...that takes balls.
8. Ho many questions before you stop reading?
9. Hopefully at least 10.
10. Last question, more than money, travel, football, or weed, doesn't Ricky really love to be talked about?
(11. BONUS QUESTION: Could I suck anymore at fantasy football than I do? What does a guy have to do to get a group of 8 professionals to play well on the same day?)