Thursday, January 27, 2005

NY Post, #1

Welcome, from Times Square in New York City. It is freaking cold here, and when I say cold, I mean, death-causing cold. Joints never working anymore cold. My little Nissan Sentra traveled a good 900 miles to get here, through Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey--finally to the Upper West Side through the Lincoln Tunnel.

They have cleared the snow very well here, but you can see the aftermath, as it's been pushed to the side in huge piles that would make Frosty the Snowman self-conscious about his height.

But that's the sum, generally, of the trip so far. I've been to Central Park, and the Strawberry Fields section where John Lennon is memorialized. I'm staying at an Econo Lodge in East Rutherford, NJ, where Giants Stadium and the Empire State Building are visible at once. The plan is to see this building up close, and the Statue of Liberty. Anyhoo, the trip is in the early stages. Bye, and will update later.

1 Comments:

At 1/27/2005 09:45:00 PM, Blogger Mike said...

When I tried to get to the top of the Empire State Building last month, the wait was an hour. So plan accordingly, and get your tickets when you can. Also, you can buy an all day pass for subway fare and bus fare for only $7 total. That's a great deal! I think there's a week rate, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home