Wednesday, March 16, 2005

China: Day 11

Each day starts to run into the other, but it's still good. Today we went to the futures market, which is young, and only trades four items. There is a lot of corruption so they don't trade very many items yet. Then, to the center of the high-tech area. To an international buffet, and then a rainy outdoor market. I spent $15 and left with many small and fun items. A Monteblanke pen for only 20 yuan! I love the cheap rip-offs. Some people are better at bargaining, and I'm decent at it. I wonder where the vendors get these items. More later. Finally, a table tennis center at night, where it was league night. They rented us a room for an hour. The Chinese in the room had that funky grip, and were generally awesome.

Just three more days left, and I'm trying to think of what else I need to do. I can't wait until I get real internet speed again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home