Monday, December 19, 2005

Return of the Sports Guy Archive!

When ESPN decided to put the Sports Guy (Bill Simmons) article archives behind their Insider pay-to-view thing, I wasn't too happy. I liked knowing that the old articles were there to look at. Now, thanks to Archive.org, we have many of those old articles back.

Here are some of the best articles that you can read, and I've read them all:

- His beloved Pats first Super Bowl win

-The classic Ewing Theory article

-Still Haunted by Len Bias

-Is Roger Clemens the Anti-Christ?

-How to Win at Fantasy Football

-The 13 Levels of Losing

-September 11 - no one reminds me of how I felt in my gut on that day than this article. I'm so grateful that I can read it again.

-A week later, just as moving

-And Rediscovering the joy of sports, several months later

I wrote him telling him how I felt the same as that last article, almost being afraid of airplanes for a while, and thanking him for the article. He wrote back "Thanks, Mike!" Really, sometimes that's all it takes. He truly is the voice of our generation; observant, funny, and with a heart. Thanks, Bill!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home