Friday, January 13, 2006

My Two Cents on Podcasts

The guys at 2blowhards.com have a posting up on which podcasts they enjoy, and it's worth checking out. The only one of the four that they mention that I've heard is Radio Economics, who's most recent interview of Paul Krugman is surprisingly enjoyable. I expected Krugman to rant and rave based on his NY Times columns, but he speaks well and calmly explains his Liberal views. Well worth hearing is you're into this pop-economist fad, as I am.

Here's my two cents, and excuse me if my excitement makes me long-winded. I recommend the Discovery Channel's weekly science update, which is fast and informative. The NASA video cast is a great weekly review of the most important space information. See simulated video of our capturing a thimble's worth of comet dust from 2.88 billion miles away. Anything by the BBC is good, as you'd expect, as it's simply excepts from their radio broadcasts. I hope they expand. Although most of you aren't into English sports, as I am, the most recent Sports Weekly has a chilling interview of Ben Johnson, who is non-repentant, and still considers himself to be the fastest man in the world. Off-Wing Opinion's webcasts are well worth checking out, as you get to hear actual commentary about hockey, presented calmly and intelligently. I hope they get around to talking about our Preds.

If you're into traveling, the iPod Traveller podcasts are a lot of fun, as three Londoners speak about their cheap trips to remote areas of Europe. They make me smile every time, and dream of visiting remote islands off the coast of Denmark. On "Countries Beginning With 'I'", you can watch a tour of a beautiful temple in India. Wizbang blog has a pretty good Conservative podcast. Even if it's a bit too self-assured, it's still worthwhile. Just a wealth of information and enjoyment, almost too much! I haven't listened to regular talk radio in some time.

UPDATE: I almost forgot: whatever you do, don't download the John Cleese podcast! That is, unless you want to hear Mr. Cleese prepare for the day, including urination. Thanks, John!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home