Thursday, February 02, 2006

Sirius Satellite Radio





It's as good as it's supposed to be.

Not to sound like fucking Howard Stern (who is the worst part about Sirius), but this device is amazing. I've become addicted to satellite radio in the year that I've owned it. It gives you everything you could ask for.

I'm not trying to advertise for this company, and I'm sure that XM is also very good, but from what I've heard from XM and what I've heard from Sirius, there's no comparison. I've been listening to every college football and basketball game this year, the NHL, the NBA, and the best part... Pro Football.

When I used to drive back and forth between Louisville and Nashville (much like this blog) almost every weekend, this was a godsend on Sunday afternoons. No static as you get out of range, every game represented, and every team's own broadcast (i.e. if the Steelers were playing the Packers, you could choose if you wanted the Pittsburg broadcast or the Green Bay broadcast.)

I like the music stations. The receiver tells you what the song title is, the band name, and most of the time, the year it was released. That's good stuff.

I just wanted to put my opinion in on what I think is a great invention. I wouldn't be turned on to nearly as many bands as I am if I didn't have access to the songs and the artists. And don't listen to Howard Stern if you end up subscribing. His show is terrible.

2 Comments:

At 2/03/2006 04:27:00 AM, Blogger Chris said...

I've got XM. The selling point for me was baseball. But, since getting one I too have been hearing stuff I've never heard, and it regained my faith in radio.

 
At 2/03/2006 09:45:00 AM, Blogger Mike said...

We should get you two together and do a comparison.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home