Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Preds In Their Usual Post-Red Wings Suck Pattern

Yep, after an awesome stretch going 8-0-2 culminating in a satisfying 3-2 OT win at Detroit, the Preds have lost three in a row by a combined score of 17-10. They are getting spanked. Possibly the guys getting off injured reserve has caused a little break-up of chemistry, but more likely is that the Preds A.) Can't Win on the Road (15-16-7) and B.) Don't Handle Momentum Very Well (ahh, just give me more of that all-important momentum, please...oh yeah, that's why I don't believe in it much).

The Preds have had three notable stretches where they had a big win and then started sucking. The game at Calgary December 27 they won 4-3 and then lost 4 in a row and 5 of 6. Then the sweep of the Red Wings at Detroit on January 23-24 where they lost 3 in a row and 7 of 10, and now the beginnings of another Red Wings hangover has begun after the March 21 win.

Not much to add to that. But they need to stop the sucking soon, and get into the playoffs with an idea of what they're going to do. And stop sucking.

4 Comments:

At 3/29/2006 05:01:00 PM, Blogger Mike said...

So, the Preds win eight of ten games, getting 18 of 20 possible points, go through a major emotional time (victory against Detroit), and quickly fall off in quality. Generally momentum is considered to be closely entwined with emotions. I think they helps to prove momentum instead of disprove it.

 
At 3/29/2006 07:15:00 PM, Blogger Jonathan said...

Ahh, the momementum debate. It's been haunting "L&N" since the dawn of the blog site that we've all grown to love. Yeah, I'm staying out of it because frankly, I don't care.

The Preds are havine a losing streak just like about every professional team does in everyone of their seasons no matter how good or bad they are. The Preds shouldn't have much of a problem getting that 4th seed. And I still think in a seven game series they stack up as well as anyone else that will be in the postseason. But I don't want to see them back their way into it. That would reek too much of the Minnesota Vikings. We don't want that kind of crap going down in Nashville.

 
At 3/30/2006 03:49:00 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Actually guys, this post wasn't trying to stir up the momentum debate again. We all know how we feel about that (and yes, I 100% disagree with Mike's comment). And sure, I've written extensively on the subject, and I can see that my post could be misconstrued as such. But mainly, it was just a point about how the Preds have been sucking after big wins. It's actually not even that in-depth of a conversation--but I did take a cheap shot, so sue me.

And Jonathan, have you become a nihilist? Man, you don't care about shit! You anti-Semite! They were nihilists, man...they kept saying they believed in nothing!

 
At 3/30/2006 12:37:00 PM, Blogger Jonathan said...

You got me pegged, bro. No, I was just joking around, and I realize that your post wasn't about that. I thought it was funny Mike tried to turn it around to that subject as he always does so I thought I would take a jab. Meant more for Mike's enjoyment than yours I guess.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home