Tuesday, April 10, 2007

A Year Without Adam

Pacman Jones gets a one-year suspension from the league for his conduct.

I think that's about right. And this will either make or break him. For all the grief I give him, I do still think he can change. But if this year of not playing doesn't do it...nothing will. I also still think there's a chance the Titans part ways with him.

Oh, and how twisted is this league when Pacman (deservedly) gets a one year suspension for repeatedly being in the wrong place at the wrong time, getting arrested, and failing to tell his team about arrests...but Albert Haynesworth stomps on a guy's face with inch-long cleats (a move that could easily have ended the dude's career or even threatened his life) and he got four or five games? I guess for Albert's suspension to have been longer, he would had to have done the face-stomping thing a few more times. I'm still pissed his suspension was so wussy, but I have been very impressed with his attitude, candor, and behavior since the incident.

(don't even get me started on how wrong it is that Leonard Little is still in the league).

2 Comments:

At 4/11/2007 08:07:00 AM, Blogger Chris said...

This is apparently a message being sent by the new commissioner, Roger Goodell. One would think incidents like Albert Haynesworth's will be treated more harshly in the future as well.

 
At 4/11/2007 08:40:00 AM, Blogger Kennelworthy said...

Yeah, I think you're right. This is the commissioner saying, "It's a whole new world regarding player conduct." And I think that if Haynesworth did his stomping thing this season he'd get more than a handful of games.

How long until the titans cut him or impose their own suspension on him?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home