Wednesday, May 28, 2003

Me being something of an Expos fan (since no one else will cheer for them), I'm thrilled they're playing so well. Frank Robinson is to credit? I'm not sure. But, I do know that the owners won't let me add to their payroll, which is a shame. I'd love to see them get a little more depth, and really make a run at this. But depth is the problem. I'm high on their GM, whose name I've forgotten, but a good GM can take a small payroll and help a team win.
The Reds do have the high powered offense, but they're doing the same old thing in losing to bad teams. They get up for the big games, and don't for the small ones. How do you explaing winning 6 of 7 from the Cards, and then getting swept by the Fish? I think it's a sign of immaturity. And, yes, I blame Boone. Did you see any of the game last night, Chris? Here's two things that happened. First of all, with two outs, we need someone covering second for a possible force play, and Lopez is looking straight up in the air!!! Not doing anything! They got the force at first, but, that's just awful. Later, on a standup double, the throw came into second, and no one was covering second again! Casey had to run after the ball. Just silly, little league mistakes. Add that to their inability to bunt, and management has a lot to answer for. They aren't making the playoffs if they keep it up. And, I agree Chris, pitching is going to kill both of our teams. Pitching wins championships. And I'm afraid their both playing about their heads at the plate anyhow. Will it come back to earth?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home