Monday, April 12, 2004

As you should, Mike, as you should. It's been an interesting start to the season. While I'm not sure how long the Brewers and Tigers can keep up their winning ways, the Reds have everything on paper that could make them a surprise contender. I never had a problem with their offense; they've got a lot of young guys that can really do some damage (Kearns, Dunn, Mo Pena, and Djimenez). How their pitching will compete with the staffs of the Cubs and Astros is yet to be determined, but those two clubs can't seem to hit worth a lick; especially the Cubbies. I'm watching the game right now with the Pirates up 7-2, and the Cubs have just one hit against Kris Benson. I should have known it was going to be bad when the announcers mentioned that Maddux has won his last 11 decisions against the Pirates. I should have known.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home