Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Global Warming Again

I thought this post from the excellent Economist blog was an intelligent one on Global Warming, placing some blame on each side, and making some smart arguments about political clustering. (In my opinion, if you don't have political opinions that take ideas from both sides of the aisle, you're cheating yourself.) If you're still interested, it's worth a read.

In the end, I think we should be trying to stop pollution whether there is Global Warming or not, so the issue is pretty much moot for me.

1 Comments:

At 12/27/2006 01:16:00 PM, Blogger Kennelworthy said...

Yeah. I agree. It's sort of like debating whether or not our schools' test scores are dropping...or at what rate they're dropping...when the goal should be to improve and better education regardless.

While I may have my doubts as to what proof may or may not exist on this issue...it's still a pointless debate. Should we have to find some proof that emissions from automobiles caused a warming of the planet before we admit that it might be a good idea to build some cars that don't run on gas?

I can think of a bunch of reasons to build such cars that have nothing to do with emissions or global warming.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home