Monday, September 26, 2005

Classic

I didn't watch much of the first half of tonight's LSU-Tennessee game, in which LSU took a 21-0 lead at halftime in their own building, but the second half made for a classic college contest as UT went to take the game 30-27 in OT. There might be some life in the Vols after all. For awhile there, I didn't think that their highly-touted offensive players could actually score.

One thing the Vols could still improve on, though, is catching the ball. They let easy scores go out of their grasp and actually made the game a lot closer than it should have been. Of course, we would have been spared the classic finish.

Can't resist but to take a potshot at color announcer (and former Notre Dame coach) Bob Davie for saying "football" 3 times in one sentence (and probably over a hundred times in the whole telecast). I think I'm the only one bothered by this, but like a Christian granny watching the movie Goodfellas I wonder when all the use of the same word is going to stop. I think the very first episode of "Family Guy" where they riff on John Madden and he's yelling to Pat Summerall, "Football!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home