Sunday, January 20, 2008

Stunning!

Of course, after the post I just wrote, football seems strange to comment upon. But the Giants are getting a second crack at the Patriots in the Super Bowl, after both teams played an awesome season-ender before the playoffs.

I saw a lot of my friends' teams lose, including my own Titans, in these playoffs. But I definitely latched on to a surrogate team in the Giants, and as much as I feel sorry for Doc's Packers and the fact the media doesn't get to have the whole "Favre vs. Brady and the Team He Won His Super Bowl Against" story, I was quite actively rooting for the Giants in this one. It was a good game, and the Giants were practically begging the Packers to steal it from them.

So things will continue to be exciting around here, and New York and Boston can go to war over something besides the Yankees and Red Sox. The headlines will be nonstop: I'm wagering on "Third Tynes the Charm" tomorrow in at least one of the papers. Tell me that isn't going to be the headline.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 1/25/2008 10:49:00 PM, Blogger Jonathan said...

Tyne was on Letterman this week, and he seemed to be taking all the jokes in stride. At one point he said that after he missed the 2nd kick he was immediately wondering how much he would like living in Green Bay, since he didn't see anyway he was going to be allowed back on the plane. Sorry about your team, Doc. I was pulling for them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home